Whether it is your first home or your second, there are 10 commandments to follow during the long road of purchasing a home. Continue reading
9844 Vine Ct, Thornton, CO
$ Click for current price
3 BEDROOMS | 3 (2 full, 1 half ) BATHROOMS |
Beautiful Tri-Level home with finished basement. This recently remodeled home is ready for to move in. The main floor includes a formal living room for those quiet evenings at home or a quiet place to ready your favorite book. The kitchen with stainless steele appliances, ceramic tile, eating space and center island has easy access to the deck that looks over your large private yard with gardening beds for a beautiful flower or veggie garden. The family room, great for family game night, entaining includes built-in speakers and a cozy gas fireplace. The finished basement makes for a great media room or game room, and incldes a wetbar with win cooler. Upstairs you will find the master bedroom with walk-in closet and master bath with dual vanity and granite counter tops. The additional 2 bedrooms share a full bath with bath tub/shower and granite counter tops. Of course we don’t want to forget the 2 car oversized garage. This great home is located within walking distance to two parks and easy access to the main highway and close to shopping. Call today to schedule your privae showing of this wonderful home.
Welcome to the Month of June, it is hard to believe that next week will be the 4th of July. Here is Denver we are trying to stay dry, with all the rain and dodging hail storms. The Real Estate market is also keeping us jumping, with a low number of homes for sale compared to the rest of the country. Here are a few highlights.
- We saw a slight increase of active homes in May to 5,157
- Inventory is up by 13.7% over April
- Under Contracts up 4.4% from a month ago
- Sold properties up 10.3% last month
- Homes priced $200,000 – $399,999 are moving the fastest with 75% of homes on the market going under contract in 7 days or less
- Homes priced between $400,000 – $599,999, 52% go under contract in 7 days or less
- Homes between $600,000 – $799,999, 38% go under contract in 7 days or less
- Homes $800,000 – $999,999, 36% go under contract in 7 days or less.
- 1M – 3M, 19% go under contract within 7 days or less.
- Average Sold price is up to $419,465 for detached single family homes.
- Average Sold price for Attached homes is up to $261,886.
These number reflect the 7 Metro Counties which include: Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Elbert and Jefferson Counties.
Have questions? Wondering what you home could sell for in today’s market, contact us TODAY!
Until next time!
Ruth Ann Cullis
You’ve been online and driving around looking at home for months and you finally found the perfect house that you and your family can see living in and making memories.
You think your next step would be to contact a mortgage lender and make sure that you qualify for this house of your dreams and are comfortable with the mortgage payments.
Most times people jump to finding their dream house and worry about financing later. This could cause a problem for you in a hot real estate market where houses are staying on the market an average of seven days. You’ve spent valuable time and money which has now been wasted, especially when there is more than one offer for a home on the table.
When a seller is looking at all the offers submitted on their house, they are going to look at not only the price being offered, but is the buyer qualified for a loan. Have they talked with a lender, has the lender looked at their financials, tax returns, and credit score and verified funds? The seller wants to know that your offer on their house is going to close. Finding out what you qualify for before you find your perfect home is the first step to getting into your dream home.
To qualify for a home loan can take from 5-30 days, depending on how quickly you supply the documentation the lender needs, so all of the time you’ve put into finding your dream home has now been lost. So don’t lose your dream home, find out what you’re qualified for first.
For referrals for to great lenders contact me and I’d be happy to assist you.
Until next time!
With the Colorado real estate market heading into the “busy” season, most buyers might be frustrated right with the low inventory in the Metro Denver area (Denver metro area encompasses the seven metro counties: Arapahoe, Adams, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas Elbert and Jefferson Counties). Prices are rising because there is a low supply of homes, so it is definitely a seller’s market (more about this later).
According to the Denver Business Journal article, The 10 Most Affordable Colorado Cities to Buy a Home, buyers wanting to purchase a home now and take advantage of lower interest rates.
10. Fort Morgan – Homes For Sale Located about 80 miles northeast of Denver on the eastern plains.
9. Johnstown – Homes For Sale Located 41 miles north of Denver.
8. Fort Lupton – Homes For Sale Located 25 miles to Denver.
7. Firestone – Homes For Sale Located 30 miles north of Denver.
6. La Junta – Homes For Sale Located on the Arkansas River in southeastern Colorado, east of Pueblo, 175.1 miles southeast of Denver.
5. Wellington – Homes For Sale Located 69.1 miles north of Denver, known as I-25’s northernmost Colorado town.
4. Frederick – Homes For Sale Located 28.7 miles north of Denver.
3. Lamar – Homes For Sale Located 208.5 miles southeast of Denver, and east of Pueblo.
2. Sterling – Homes For Sale Located 128 miles northeast of Denver.
1. Milliken – Homes For Sale Located 49.2 miles Northeast of Denver.
Check out some of these homes for sale, see what you think.
Until next time!
Here are some highlights from November 2014 with regards to the 7 metro Denver Counties.
With the hot market here in Colorado, many buyers are finding themselves frustrated and may decided to wait until Spring 2015 to purchase. Yes, you could wait, could there be more homes on the market? Possibly, or inventory could continue to be low.
What about interest rates? Yes, they could go up. With regards to interest rates even half a percentage could significantly change the price of the home you are qualified for.
What about prices, I want a deal. Prices could go up, and that can reflect the price of a home you are qualified for and change your monthly payment. Even a $200.00 change in payment could make some buyers uncomfortable.
Have you been thinking that it’s time to purchase your own home, then you think…I don’t have enough money for a Down Payment???
There are some home buyer programs out there that help with or give you money for your down payment. Some are grants, and others have to be paid back. Here is a Grant Based Down Payment Assistance Program offer by Academy Mortgage that is available.
- This program is not limited to a specific cit or county, it is available State-wide in Colorado
- The Grant is available up to 5% of the loan, and can be used for down payment, closing costs and/or up-front Mortgage Insurance Premium
- Income requirements are only based on credit qualifying borrower. Unlike CHFA it is not tied to the entire household income.
- Any qualifying borrower can participated! Not just first time home buyers.
- Borrowers can own other property, as long as they occupy the property the use this loan for.
- No minimum required borrower contribution.
- In the even the grant covers the borrower’s down payment and closing costs, the borrower can receive their earnest money back at closing.
- The rates are very competitive.
- Minimum credit score, 640
- The grant does not have to be paid back !
- Income limit for Denver County for an FHA, VA or USDA laon is $88,200
- Income limit for Denver County for a Conventional Loan is $108,920
- Debt-to-income ration cannot exceed 45%
- Property must be a single family detached or approved condo or townhome
- No rentals or investment properties, no modular or manufactured properties, no 2-4 unit properties.
- 5% grant is available for FHA, VA and USDA loans
- 4% grant is available for Conventional Loans
- A 1% origination fee will be added to the closing costs to originate loans with this grant program.
For addition information or to see if you qualify or to start your home buying process, contact:
300 Union Blvd., Suite 650, Lakewood, CO 80228
Until next time!
- In July 2013 50.6% of closed transactions went for at or over their asking price compared to 55.5% in June of the same year.
- In July 2013 38.7of closed transactions went under contract in 7 days or less compared to 42.7% in June 2013
Here are some interesting market activity: These figures represent Single Family Homes
- July 2011 there were 14,014 Active Homes on the market
- July 2012 there were 9,087 Active on the market Homes
- July 2013 there were 8,286 Active homes on the market
- July 2011 Under Contract Homes were 3,386
- July 2012 Under Contract Homes were 4,181
- July 2013 Under Contract Homes were 5,752
- Sold Homes in 2011 3,082
- Sold Homes in 2012 3,713
- Sold Homes in 2013 4,857
Which means that inventory is down -8.81% from July 2012
- The average days on market is 37 days and this is in all price ranges, with the shortest days on market in 24 days in the price range of $200,000-$399,000 with the largest days on market of 135 days in the price range of 1M-3M. This is for residential properties in the Metro Denver area.
So what does all these number mean. If you are a seller it is a good time to sell, especially if you have been putting off selling the last few year. Do remember that pricing your property right the first time your property will go under contract faster and possibly for a higher price, netting you more money. Of course, you will take into consideration condition, location, what has sold in the neighborhood, etc.
Curious about what your property would sell for in today’s market? Visit CullisColoradohomes.com and visit the Market Insider tab to see what is happening in your neighborhood. Ready to make a move contract me, Ruth Cullis
Until next time!
*Based on information from Metrolist, Inc. for the period shown above. This representation is based in whole or in part on content supplied by Metrolist, Inc. Metrolist, Inc does not guarantee nor is in any way responsible for its accuracy. Content maintained by Metrolist, Inc. may not reflect all real estate activity in the market.