Whether it is your first home or your second, there are 10 commandments to follow during the long road of purchasing a home.
- Thou shall not change jobs, become self-employed or quit your job.
- Thou shall not buy a car, truck, van or boat (you may be living in it).
- Thou shall not use credit card excessively, apply for new credit or let your accounts fall behind.
- Thou shall not spend money you have set aside for closing.
- Thou shall not omit debit or liabilities from your loan application.
- Thou shall not buy furniture.
- Thou shall not originate any inquiries into your credit.
- Thou shall not make large deposits without first checking with your loan officer.
- Thou shall not change bank accounts.
- Thou shall not co-sign a loan for ANYONE.
If you are wanting to purchase new furniture for you new home, start a new job, it is best to be patient and wait until after you close on your home.
Purchasing a home may seem like a long road, but with my help, I can drive you comfortably through the curves, hills, and possible potholes you may encounter along the way.
Until next time!