Spring is right around the corner, this Sunday, March 20th, to be exact. With spring comes baseball, spring rains, flower, even snow here in Denver, also it is time to do some home maintenance. I’m included some items that you may want to do, before time gets away from us.
- Of course you will want to change the batteries in your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. This should be done every time we “SPRING FORWARD” and “FALL BACK”
- Inspect the outside of your home, thoroughly inspection the outside from top to bottom.
- Check Your Roof – Check your roof for signs of damage, such as missing shingles, leaks and buckling or sagging in your roof.
- Check For Air Leaks – Check for any air that may be leaking in or out of your home, repair those leaks that may need caulking or weather stripping.
- Clean The Outside Of Your Home – Clean the window and screens and repair any broken screen, and be ready to have those widows open during the sunny spring day. You may want to also power wash the outside or your home.
- Check Your Foundation – Check to see if there is any damage to the foundation and make an appointment with a contractor for needed repairs.
- Look For Small Fixes – Check for squeaky doors or dripping faucets that need to be repaired.
- Check Your Attic and Basement – Check for any common problems including pests, water damage or other leaks that may have happened.
- Check Your Air Conditioner – Inspect your A/C unit or evaporative cooler from top to bottom, looking for leaks in the hoses and replace the air filter.
- Take Some Time To Spring Clean – Clean your ceiling fan, wipe down the trim and doors, throughout your home and have furniture and draperies cleaned
Now you’re ready to enjoy those warm, sunny spring days.
Until next time!
Ruth Ann Cullis
Helpful hints compliments of Modernize